Happy Easter! May the joy of this day fill your heart.
I thank God that I have lived to see another Easter. For far too many years I took Easter for grated. I was a part of the Easter Bunny crowd. I say this much to my shame. But God was good and now I celebrate the meaning of the day. And I am filled with joy that I can do that because buried deep within was the faith that I have now. It is still not what it should be, what I want it to be, but it is there. And I am grateful for that.
I hope you and yours find the joy of the day.
John 11:25 25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;
- Luke 23: 46-47 46 Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last. 47 The centurion, seeing what had happened, praised God and said, “Surely this was a righteous man.”
- Mark 16:1-4 1When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus’ body. 2 Very early on the first day of the week, just after sunrise, they were on their way to the tomb 3 and they asked each other, “Who will roll the stone away from the entrance of the tomb?” 4 But when they looked up, they saw that the stone, which was very large, had been rolled away.
- Mark 16: 5-6 5 As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed. 6 “Don’t be alarmed,” he said. “You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him.
- Luke 24: 5-7 5 In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead? 6 He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: 7 ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’ ”
- Matthew 28:5-7 5 The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6 He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. 7 Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”